Sunday, April 5, 2009

OUR DANCING DIVA TURNS ONE!!

Brielle is my April Fool's baby--born April 1st at 1:01 p.m. I absolutely LOVE that I have an April Fools Girl!! So Wednesday, April 1, we celebrated with a birthday party. I have to tell you, I so enjoyed planning and preparing for her special day. I decided early on that I wanted to make her a tutu and with the help of my talented friend Kamee, we made we the most adorable multi-colored pink tutu. Her colors were pink, black, and silver and her theme was 'Dancing Diva.' I could not bring myself to incorporate any TV or Disney characters into her birthday party because she just has not shown any real interest in any yet; however, she absolutely loves to dance!!! Her favorite part of every afternoon is when I break out the little floor radio and let her turn it on and control the volume. She likes the volume as loud as it can go and she goes to town with moves that even I envy. She giggles and squeals every now and then to let me know she is pretty pleased with herself! ADORABLE!!

I decided to split her birthday party into two parts--a play date with my girl friends and their kids in the afternoon and family in the evening. When all of my friends and the kids had arrived, I woke Brielle from her nap only to discover she was running a fever and feeling miserable. I was heart broken! Of all the days for her to get sick and without any kind of warning!! She wouldn't let me leave her sight and I spent most of the party trying to make her comfortable and happy. It wasn't until most of the group had gone and only a couple of my girl friends remained that she finally perked up. To my relief she started to play along with the three little ones that were still here and we were able to salvage what was left of the afternoon. All in all, it turned out pretty good. Thanks so much to all who came and for the fun new toys, books, and adorable clothes!!

In between parties I put Brielle down for another much needed nap and got things cleaned and ready for round two. I was so relieved to find my Elle-May quite the different little girl when she woke up. She let me dress her in her adorable tutu and waved to all the fam when I brought her out for her birthday debut. The night was so much fun! I loved having all of my family packed into my kitchen, dining room and living room. This was the large family get together that we have ever hosted, and I was a bit nervous about our small quarters. But it was GREAT!

Thanks to all of Brielle's aunts, uncles, cousins, grandparents, and friends for making her first birthday special ;)

I made an attempt to put the pictures I have posted in some kind of an order, but all my efforts were wasted because they still ended up all over the place. SORRY. But hey, enjoy none-the-less ;)



This was my favorite pic of my sweet birthday girl enjoying her cake. You really should click on it to blow it up--WAY better bigger! She was a little bit timid at first until she discovered that all the little candies on the cake tasted like nothing she had ever had before. And to make it better mom and dad were not stopping her!


Like I said a little timid, shy. But she eventually caught the hang of it.



Miss Elle-May feeding her birthday cake to yours truly. This picture was taken at the friend party. Great shot Suikim--Thanks!



Pictured is Cydni with her little boy Hayden and Cilla with her son Carson. I have to take just a second and highlight the birthday banner hanging in back. It was my first attempt at anything like this and even though I spent way to much time on it, it turned out adorable!! I love that now I have something special to hang up for Brielle's birthday every year.





This is Brittnee with her two little girls, Abby and Aisha; Camee and her daughter Cavery; and Hayden and Carson again.



A cute shot of everyone enjoying the birthday cake.




And another . . .



Okay--this one is a little out of order. That morning Ryan and I got up early to decorate Brielle's cake. We had decided very early on that the perfect cake would be a pink, girly boom box because Brielle loves to shake her stuff while standing over my radio. I really can't take much credit for this adorable little masterpiece because Ryan did the majority of the work.



Brielle, I included this picture for you so that you will know how much your daddy loves you and wants so badly to be a part of your special days. He was so careful to make sure everything was absolutely perfect!!



Poor sick thing looks ready to puke!


This was the best picture that I got of her in her birthday get up. Her tutu looked adorable (Thanks again Kamee) and I found some leggins that matched perfectly. To top of her outfit, Cilla made her two of the cutest hair bows ever--Thanks Cilla!





All the fam gather 'round to watch Brielle open her gifts. From left to right is Ashely (sister), Amber and Jon (sister & bro-in-law), Jake, Katie, and Kinnley (Brother, sis-in-law, and niece), and Dad. Not pictured was Brittnie and Ryan (sis and bro-in law) and many of the nieces and nephews.



Sitting pretty while we all sang 'Happy Birthday.'
I Love you sweet girl!! Happy number one ;)














10 comments:

taytay said...

dear cyrie,i was happy to be there to!!!Brielle is growing sssssssooooo fast.Just wait till you know it cyrie she'll be in school.Lov ya!!!love,tehya

The Matthews Family said...

Oh I love it! What a fun birthday! Aren't one year olds fun? : )

Reed, Julie , Macie, Branson & Allie said...

How fun, I still can't beleive that she's a year old already! Thanks for the party, it was so fun to see you and your sweet little girl again.

MiChElLe said...

Cyrie she is adorable!! I love the cake and decorations, they are adorable. Sorry we didn't make it, my girls would have had a blast. Hope that you are feeling good. Take care.

SuiKim Friedmann said...

Cyrie! Thanks for inviting me to your 1st girl's b-day party! She's so cute, and I will definitely miss you! Lunch was so great the other day - good luck with all! Love the radio cake! :)

Grandma Maureen said...

Loved the birthday party pictures!!! Brielle is such a doll and growing sooo fast. I'm so sad that I'm so far away and can't physically be a part of Brielles life. Miss you and love you guys so much. Grandma Maureen

Anonymous said...

It looks like you guys had tons of fun for little Brielle's big day. What happens to time. You did a good job on the theme/ decor. It was cute. Sorry that we missed it. Wish we would have been there.

Cameron and Vanessa said...

Hey Cyrie, I love all the pics. Please go visit my blog, cuz I have a post dedicated to you!

SuiKim Friedmann said...

Hey girly! how's everything going? How's your summer been so far? and how's the baby bump doing?! I need an update from you! Miss ya!!!

The Matthews Family said...

Is there a baby yet?!?