Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Our Stork Came Early!!

Alayna Maureen Foster
Born August 5, 2008 at 8:55 am
7lbs 4oz & 20.5 in long
A HOME BIRTH!!

We could not have asked for a better birth experience! Labor and delivery went beautifully and Alayna was perfectly healthy. Originally we were going to deliver at the birthing center in Rigby, but after a kind offer from my sister Ryan and I decided that Amber and Jon's home (their master suite to be exact ;) would be the perfect place to have our little girl. Not too long ago I remember telling myself I could never do a hoe birth; but from the moment Ryan and I decided to do so, IT JUST FELT RIGHT!

On Wednesday morning I woke up around 3:45 having contractions. I tried to relax and time them for a while, but when I discovered they were already ranging 7-10 minutes apart and some over 60 seconds long we called the midwives, loaded the car made it to Amber's just after 6 am. Ryan, my mom, and Amber went to work transforming the room into a comfortable delivery room and soon Valery (the assisting mid-wife) arrived. She helped me from the couch to the large bed where I settled into a comfortable side-laying position and proceeded to work through one contraction at a time. It was a real team effort I tell ya--Ryan putting counter pressure on my lower back, mom rubbing my feet, and Valery talking me through each contraction. At some point I got too comfortable and the contractions began to space out. Valery suggested I stand up and find a new position off the bed to help speed things along. Crazy as it sounds, I found that draping my upper body over an exercise ball and slightly rocking side to side was very relaxing and labor sped up immediately. Soon my water broke, I worked through a couple more contractions and two pushes later Alayna was here. It was AMAZING!

Thank you Ryan for your confidence in my ability to do this. I leaned on your strength more than you could ever know.
Thank you mom, Valery, Kathy, and my sisters for making our home birth such a perfect experience. A very special thanks to Amber and Jon for opening their home to us!
Hope you enjoy all the pics ;)




























Brielle was adorable. As soon as she saw the baby in my arms she left the room and came back with a baby of her own!




I haven't seen any major signs of jealousy from Brielle. She wants to hold her and love on her all the time. Sometimes she gets over excited and loves a little too hard.


























14 comments:

Krysta McClure said...

Congrats, Cyrie!! A beautiful little girl. I'm impressed with your strength to do the home birth experience. Pretty impressive. She looks like a keeper!! Good luck with adjustment into two kids.

Linds said...

Cyrie! Congrats! And GREAT GREAT JOB! She's so beautiful and worth the wait for sure!
Linds

James and Danielle said...

Cyrie- She is beautiful! So glad that you had such a great birthing experience!!! Keep the pictures coming!

The Matthews Family said...

Congratulations! I knew she would be here soon! So, so adorable! : ) And I'm glad things went so great for you. Second births are much easier huh? That means that our little babies are almost exactly 2 months apart! And our little girls are so close in age too... so fun! They will all have to meet someday! Next time you come to Arizona... : )

Nancy said...

I am so happy for you! Wow, you did an amazing job. Congrats! And I must say I love that name. It is the same as my sisters and exactly the same spelling! Beautiful girl! xxxx

SuiKim Friedmann said...

Cyrie! Congratulations on another beautiful little girl; I'm SO happy for you! And it sounds like the whole birth went so smoothly - you're so brave! :) Congrats again, she's so adorable! Miss ya!

Reed, Julie , Macie, Branson & Allie said...

Congratulations!! I didn't even know you'd had her yet! She is beautiful, and you are amazing! I'm glad everything went so well!

Kami P. said...

That is all so cool Cyrie. I got a little teary-eyed thinking about what spiritual experience that must have been. You're such a brave and strong woman! Congrats to you. And that is SO adorable that Brielle went and got her own "baby". What a cutie.

Cameron and Vanessa said...

Wow, Cyrie! Cameron and I read this together and we say Congratulations to you! You are amazing to have a home birth and she is so beautiful. I can't wait to meet her and see you again!

MiChElLe said...

Congrats Cyrie!! She is beautiful and you are one tough girl! Hope everything is still going great! Take care!!

derrickandlisadye said...

Way to go Cyrie!! I can't wait to meet her. She is so beautiful in all the pictures. I'm so glad you did a home birth. It just makes me excited. It takes me back to my own beautiful experience. So did you ever get in the tub?

Troy, Tami, Linken and Pierson said...

Congrats! She is too precious. You are one strong woman! Glad to hear you are both doing well :)

Heather said...

She is a beautiful little girl. I am so glad that everything went well. Congratulations!

The Richards Family said...

Hey Cyrie,
This is "skins" if you do recall! I saw you on Brittnee's blog so I decided to take a peek. You are amazing. That was adorable how Brielle went and got her baby doll. Anyway, I thought I would congratulate you on your new arrival...she's darling.

Brooke(Ivie)Richards