Thursday, March 5, 2009

JUST FOR MY HUBBY

My living room is covered in toys. There is a LARGE pile of clothes sitting on my couch apparently not folding itself. The dinner dishes are only partially cleared. And Brielle is laying in bed repeating “da-da” rather than sleeping. And yet, I am blogging. But I feel extremely justified in my reasons. On Tuesday my hubby had a birthday and turned to big Three O. There was no time in the day for fun and celebration because he started work at 5:30 am and got home around 11:30pm. In hopes of making it kind of special, Brielle and I made him a card and baked him some super-duper delicious brownies. The three of us had big plans of slipping away for the weekend and celebrating his birthday in Boise, but just our luck Brielle got sick and Ryan is flying solo in Boise for the next few days. SAD! So babe, I hope you are having a good time, but hurry home because your girls are missing you




Brielle is making her best attempt to use this marker and tell dad "happy Birthday." When all was said and done, her hands and feet were covered in a beautiful mixture of color!

I have never been very vocal about how much I care about Ryan. He is such a hard worker and ensures that life for Brielle and me is very comfortable. He has such a drive and determination about him to succeed and he takes so much pride in everything he does. I am so proud to let others know that I am Ryan Foster's wife! I can't believe how much our relationship has grown since Brielle's birth. I always hoped the man I married would be a good dad, but good does not begin to describe the kind of father Ryan is. I don' t know many men who will stay up all night with there little girl when she is sick only to go to work at 5:30am; or change her diaper and make a bottle every morning so mom can stay in bed a little longer; or (my personal favorite) take his pride and joy out for a daddy-daughter ball game night while mom stays home and gets some much needed work done. Yep ladies, I caught a great one!!
Last weekend, one of Ryan's wholesalers put on a plumbing convention in Seattle. They flew us out, put us up in an awesome hotel, and took us out to an amazing dinner. We got the royal treatment! It was the first time I had ever spent a night away from Brielle and I missed her like crazy, but I loved having some alone time with Ryan. I love Brielle to death, but I have to admit sometimes it is hard to share him!
We spent a couple hours at the convention then set out with a group of six others to see a part of Seattle that many don't even know exists. We went on the underground tour of what was once the original Seattle. After a fire destroyed much of the main town area, they simply built over the top of the first floors of the buildings. It was so different than what I had expected!


Hard to explain what is pictured here, but we are standing under the existing sidewalks in downtown Seattle and you are looking at the original first floor of the building.



This toilet is one of the firsts and it's real name is 'the crapper' named after Thomas Crapper (I think). Ryan had to have a picture in front of an original 'crapper'. Um, plumbing thing, or guy thing?


I had to throw in a couple of pics of daddy and his little girl. A couple weeks ago we went down to Inkom with my family and Brielle experienced her first sled ride down the mountain.


Which one is enjoying the ball game more? Ryan and the crew we sit with always get the seats right on the floor and Brielle is Shelley's most enthusiastic cheer leader! These are special moments for Ryan when he gets to watch his baby girl get as excited about basketball as he is!!






7 comments:

taytay said...

dear cyrie,i miss brielle too.I didn't want to leave when my mom came i felt so bad!!!!i would luv to play with her again.Cyrie i was wondering how do update to get friends on the side of my blog?(also thanks for putting me on your friends list.)love,tehya-girl

Audra said...

Aww. What a great hubby you have! Happy (if somewhat belated) Birthday to him!

derrickandlisadye said...

How adorable. What a sweet post. I enjoyed reading that. Ryan is a great guy but he also has an amazing wife so I figure you both lucked out. I was so sad not to see you last monday at the birth center but I hope Brielle gets feeling better.

Brittnee said...

You definitely caught a good one Cyrie! Cute post, thanks for sharing what an awesome guy you have:)

Brielle is sooooo cute and getting big. It's crazy that she will be a year soon. Each stage gets better and better.

Cutler Family said...

Congratulations on your new baby! I can't believe I've never even seen your cute Brielle. She is adorable. It will be fun to be pregnant at the same time and I think it would be awesome if we took the class together. Chris and I are planning on it, but we are not exactly sure what we will be doing this summer since he is graduating in April. So for now, we are hoping to but we'll see where the wind takes us. Thanks for looking up our blog, and I am so excited for you again!

The Christensens said...

Congrats on baby #2. Are you guys finding out what the gender is? What a great post for your hubby!! Brielle is such a cutie!

Grandma Maureen said...

I love your blog it's so fun to see you guys. You and Ryan are great parents. So happy for you. and very excited about the new baby. Brielle will be a great big sister. I love and Miss you so much. Grandma Maureen