Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Happy St. Patrick's Day Everyone

I just about let St. Patrick's Day come and go without doing anything special to celebrate it. But thanks to my mom, Brielle got a little taste of green and some new scenery for the afternoon. Grandma always goes the extra mile to make every holiday special for everyone and St. Patrick's Day is no exception. She starts out by taking all the grandkids on a leprechaun hunt outside where the kids find little golden nugget treasures that the little green men have left behind. Brielle and I were a bit late getting there so we missed the hunt this year. Then she breaks out crafts, movies, stories, and all kinds of good things to eat. She really is the kind of grandma every child dreams of --thanks mom!

I attempted to get a picture of Brielle and Kinnley, who is Brielle's closest cousin in age. But Kinnley was more interested in figuring out if Brielle was real or fake. Check out the way she is poking at her cheek. Too cute!

My sweet girl surrounded by her aunt Amber (Brielle's second mom) and aunt Katie (Kinnley's mom). Ah, precious moments.

Need an idea for some cheap fun? My Ryan is an expert in this area! Our canister vacuum sits on wheels so my ingenious husband removed the main vacuum part, set the highchair tray atop, and walla--instant rolling fun for Brielle!!


I had to include this picture because what you are seeing is a huge milestone for all of us. Brielle has graduated to a forward facing car seat. She was looking a bit ridiculous in the infant seat, but truth be told, I was reluctant to move her up because how I have loved sneaking through the drive thru's and enjoying my greasy fries and sinfully delicious shakes all by myself. Gone are those days because now she is a witness to everything I do (and a participant in everything I eat). I have to admit I love being able to interact with her while I drive down the road or watch her wave her little arm to the music on the radio.



Ryan's dad, Leland, sent a happy belated valentines package. It was filled with sweet treats that Brielle has never had the pleasure of trying. As you can tell, she was very cautious and timid about the whole experience. OR NOT! Thanks Grandpa!




11 comments:

Birch Family said...

how sweet that sounds like you all have a fun filled day. how have you been feeling?

Reed, Julie , Macie, Branson & Allie said...

She is such a cutie! That's a fun idea with the treasure hunt, I'll have to remember that.

Neu... said...

Hello Miss Cyrie! It is so great to hear from you. Trevor and I have agreed that your little girl is absolutely adorable!!! Love Love Love the idea of a treasure hunt for St. Patty's day.

Glad to see all is well.

alisekelley said...

I love the treasure hunt idea! How fun! It is so funny how daddies always come up with such great ways to entertain their kids! Austin is always suprising us with some new thing! I hope you are feeling well!

Brittnee said...

Aren't grandmas the best?! Brielle is so sweet and she even eats treats just like her MOM! haha
love ya gal!

Anonymous said...

Brielle is so cute. Your mom has always been fun. What an awesome grandma. How are you guys enjoying your house. Hope all is well. How are you feeling? When do you find out what you are having? Take care.

taytay said...

dear cyrie, thanks!I was so excited i just had to put it on my blog.So i guess i did!Cyrie you should go there.It is in idaho falls and it is the aquatic center.I'm telling you it is exactly a 10 ft high diving board!!!love,tehya

derrickandlisadye said...

What a fun st.patricks day. Your mom is pretty great. How fun for the grandkids. And I know how fun it is to have the little one in a forward facing car seat. I used to be able to sneak things too but that is long past, and never coming back. Did you decide for sure where you will be going for the birth of your baby? Valerie said you made a return appt. but didn't know if that meant for sure you would be going to the midwives. Well I hope you are feeling well. Take care and we'll talk later!!

neycee said...

dear cyrie, i have a blog to and i think your blog is so!!!! cute.

neycee said...

dear Cyrie, i think your blog is so cute and i am jealous and how old is Brielle.

derrickandlisadye said...

Hey Cyrie,
I just wanted to tell you I don't think we'll be coming tomorrow for Brielle's birthday. Indiya has been a little congested and really fussy so I better just keep us home. We have to get together though soon cause I'd love to see you guys and I really want to know what you decided about this new baby and it's birth. So anyway, I hope you have a really fun day and I'll try and call sometime when you won't have family or friends just in case you don't get this message. Talk to you soon. Lisa