Sunday, July 27, 2008

We are still here!

Me and my girl enjoying the day outdoors.

I don't know how I caught this but I swear it looks like she is posing. How adorable is this pic! Sorry it is sideways!


Well , I have proved to be a poor blogger. Whenever I get a few minutes to update I get carried away blog hopping and then Brielle wakes up and needs my undivided attention. If you notice the time it is currently 11pm. These late night hours have become so precious as I am sure all you fellow mothers can agree. These last months have been busy and exciting for our small family. As a result, I have some fun events to blog about but all of my pictures are in the hands of another (long, scary story). I promise as soon as I have my pics back I will back track.
Brielle and I did have a fun relaxing afternoon yesterday (see pics above). I brought my camera along and got some mother-daughter photos. I felt a bit rediculous lying on the grass trying to get a decent pic of the two of us. It would be one thing if we were in our own secluded back yard, but it is quite another when you have people and cars passing by. We attempted to walk the green belt in Idaho Falls, but the bright sun got the best of Brielle so we parked under the shade of a big pine tree. I put her blanket on the grass and we laid down together. I can't remember the last time that I forgot all about time and my 'to do' lists the way I did yesterday! It was so great!! Brielle has never felt grass before--she was fascinated with the green prickly stuff.
I took her to the doctor last Monday. She now weighs 14lbs 5oz and she is 24.8 in long. She is in the 75th percentile for both height and weight. I am thrilled that she is growing so well, but so sad that she is doing it so fast. I have decided that I need more of those 'time-standing-still' moments so I don't miss out on these precious months. Definitely more time outdoors.


I am working on a daily routine for Brielle to help add more structure and predictability to both of our lives. I am more than ready to stop using the excuse that I have a newborn and start being more purposeful in my day. If any of you know some good resources (books or websites) that talk about infant routines PLEASE let me know.

10 comments:

SuiKim Friedmann said...

I'm SO glad you posted some more pics!!! Brielle is getting so big - and she looks a lot like you! How cute! Steven and JUST decided to move back to good old Rexburg so he can finish his Bachelor's degree...still not pregnant so I am looking for a new avenue/school/anything while still trying! Might as well move on ya know? If I do go I can't start until next fall anyways (if I get a masters in who knows what...). I'm still just thinking about it all! Well I hope you get your camera back. I love the pic of you and Brielle on the grass - Super CuTe!!!

Kami P. said...

Awww...your baby girl is so yummy! Thanks for putting up new pictures. I love one-on-one time.
And about the nursing....I'll sent you an email about that.
love and miss you all!!!

Kami P. said...

okay, I could have sworn I had your email address. When you have time will you text it to me. Thanks!

Mr and Mrs said...

Haha! Of course I don't mind! I must confess I have wandered over to here a few times as well! Brielle is a little doll! I think her and alexis are about the same age but your little one looks so much older! She is so cute and I love her big pretty blues!
As far as the books there is this really good one I bought at deseret, it's called "I'm a mom! Now what?" :) The title jumped out at me and I knew I had to buy it! It has alot of really good stuff in it as far as routines and also a first aid section in the back that kinda walks you through what the different illness look like (yup with pics! Gross!) that babies and toddlers can get. I hope it helps! And feel free to come back to my neck of the woods anytime!

Anonymous said...

Hey it's good to see new pictures of the little one. She is getting big. I love the chubby cheeks. It's also good to hear that you guys are doing well. Are you guys in your house yet? Well I am anxious to see the rest of the pictures. Take care.

MiChElLe said...

Hey! oh, Brielle is so cute and she is getting so big!! I love the bow, who in the world taught you how to make such cute ones!!!! Just kidding! Ha!Ha! Well, hopefully everything is going good. Oh ya, how is the house coming? Are you back in it yet?

Anonymous said...

Hey Cyrie! I got your blog through Suikim's I hope that's okay. I love to see how my classmates are doing. I know what you mean about wanting time to stand still. I can't believe how fast our little ones grow. As far as scheduling goes I know some people swear by "Baby Wise". I used it with Jarom and he was sleeping throught the night by 2 months. I haven't really done anything with Elise because she put herself on her own schedule. Anyway, it's an idea for ya. Good luck.

Audra said...

Brielle is just a doll! It is definitely nice when you can get them into a routine. Myelle finally is in one and oh it's heaven. :D But no resources because I just always asked my mom. LOL

Glad to hear you're doing well.

Audra

Danielle said...

Love the new pics! Brielle is beautiful! It is tough being a mom...getting on a schedule has been kinda crazy for me too!

Anonymous said...

Thanks... she is getting big WAY to fast. Sherri with Baroness photography in Shelley takes her pictures. She is awesome and very reasonable. baronessphotography.com
Living with the parents is different everyday I am wishing for the house to be done. I don't think that it can get done fast enough. :) But we are getting close to starting. The loan stuff is quite the process when you self contract. It's crazy. Talk to you later. Take care.